Alice Pien, MD – AMA’s Medical Director
After graduating Cum Laude in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Buffalo University, School of Pharmacy, Dr. Pien received her medical degree from SUNY Buffalo, School of Medicine. Following her residency at UCI Medical Center, she served as the clinical director of Emergency Department at Western Medical Center in Pediatric Trauma. She was actively involved in the instructions of family residents in the area of Pediatric emergency care at WMC for 8 years. Later she spent 5 years in private practice in Orange County California.
Dr. Pien is a physician whose philosophy of healing combines the best of allopathic teaching and technologies with holistic and alternative modalities. She believes a physician’s responsibility includes seeking and mastering the best therapies for patients regardless of how they are categorized, from pharmaceuticals, herbs, homeopathic, vitamins and supplements, to energy medicine and mind/body healing.
- Graduated Medical School 1990
- Residency UCI
- Residency Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC)
- Chief Resident UCI
- Board Certified Pediatrics
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow American Academy of Ozonotherapy
- Director of ER Pediatric Trauma – Western Medical Center
- Board Certified Laser Medicine Surgery
- Diplomate American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Diplomate American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
- Board Certified Holistic and Integrative Medicine
- Certified Medical Acupuncture – UCLA
- IRB – Integrative Medicine ozone therapy
- IRB – Many clinical studies of various Medical lasers
- Administered over 85,000 laser procedures in past 20 years
She began her pursuit of alternative and complementary medicine in 1998. Beginning with training in Mind/ Body Medicine, she earned her certification in Past-life Regression and Hypnotherapy with world renowned Dr. Brian Weiss MD, Author of Many Lives, Many Masters. Dr. Pien was deeply influenced by Dr. Weiss’ second book “Through Time into Healing” where present life illness can be related to past time memories.
Later, she received her training and certification in Medical Acupuncture at UCLA – Helms Institute, and is Board Certified in Integrative Holistic medicine.
AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare
In 1999, Dr. Pien co-founded American Medical Aesthetics & Wellness Inc. (AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare) and serves as its Medical Director. Together with Dr. Asher Milgrom, they pioneered the use of lasers as a form of Energy Medicine in order to holistically stimulate physiological changes in the skin that effectively reverse its aging process.
Employing rigorous empirical science and multiple technical modalities they have developed comprehensive protocols involving holistic and physiological approach to improving the underlying health and outer beauty of aging skin. AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare provides treatments with over 25 different lasers, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, naturopathic and hypnotherapy services, Physiological Regulating Medicine, a complete service to wellness, from skin deep to mind / spirit rejuvenation.
Dr. Pien has been involved with organizations that provide medical care in developing countries. She has volunteered in Granada in screening children with severe medical issues requiring surgical interventions in preparation to the arrival of multi-specialty surgical team. More recent medical missions with Arpan Global Charities are to India, Armenia, Vietnam.
Together with her husband, Asher Milgrom, who is a pilot, they are actively involved with Flying Samaritans, flying down to remote villages of Mexico to provide medical care. This past year Dr. Pien and her daughter Chyelle volunteered with Arpan Global Charities to provide medical care to the underserved communities in Cambodia and Vietnam.
Continuing Medical Education
- Current advancements in Family Medicine – CME – Audio Digest
- American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery – Fellow – CME & Annual convention
- Masters of Aesthetics CME – aesthetic techniques, new treatment with lasers, multi-modality treatments
- NetCE CME – Herbal Medications / Evidence Based Review
- O3Medical Services CME – Ozone & Vitamin Therapies (Integrative approach)
- Continuing Education, Inc – CME – IV Nutritional Therapies (Integrative approach)
- Medscape CME – Management of Rosacea
- Medscape CME – Cellulite : Anatomical & Clinical Study of Cellulite
- Medscape 2012 CME – Master Class : Advanced Treatments of aging Mid-Face
- Boston University School of Medicine – CME – Cutaneous Laser Surgery
- Medscape CME – Cutaneous Laser Surgery
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – CME – Laser surgery for: Wrinkle Reduction, Facial Shaping, Augmentation, Perioral Rejuvenation & Skin Resurfacing
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – CME – Botulinum Toxin & Facial Shaping
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – CME – Lip Augmentation & Perioral Contouring
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – CME – Advanced Injection Techniques with Hyaluronic Acid
- Center for Advanced Medical Education – Soft Tissue Augmentation
- Center for Advanced Medical Education – Facial Contouring & Nipple Reconstruction
- UC Irvine School of Medicine – CME – Medical update course in Family Medicine
- Harvard Medical School – CME – Currency in Primary Care
- International Association of Integrative Medicine – Advanced IV Nutrition
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery – Certified in Cosmetic Laser Surgery
- International Academy in Physiological Medicine – Aesthetic Advancement in Physiological Regulating Medicine
- Westbrook University – Course in Homeopathy
- Scripps Institute of Integrative Medicine – Certification Course in Integrative Holistic Medicine
- American Board Integrative Holistic Medicine – Intensive course in Integrative Medicine
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery – Accreditation in Laser Treatment of Vascular Lesions
- UCLA School of Medicine – Helms Institute Medical Acupuncture – Certified Medical Acupuncture for physicians
- American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery – Accreditation in Photodynamic Therapy
- European Congress of Physiological Regulating Medicine – GUNA – Annual congress – Milan Italy
- Rocky Mountain Laser Institute – Certified Laser Specialist – Sponsored by Candela Laser Corp
Laser Manufacturer Training and Certification
- Candela – Alexandrite, Pulse Dye, Q Switched 1064 / 532 / 735
- Laserscope – YAG, KTP, Erbium
- Sciton – Glass Erbium, Ablative Resurfacing, Coagulative Resurfacing, Fractionated Resurfacing
- Cutera – Infrared Deep Collagen Remodeling
- Invasix – Radio Frequency, RF Assisted Liposuction, Ablative Resurfacing, Fractionated Coagulative Resurfacing, Deep Collagen Remodeling
- Syneron – Radio Frequency, Sublative Resurfacing
- DUSA/GE – Photo Dynamic Therapy / Blue- light & ALA
- Synergy – Collagen Induction Therapy & Micro-Needling