Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation, Ozonation and Filtration
Watch the video : How I Finally Healed from Lyme Disease – I Tried Everything!
EBOO/F is the most advanced technology available to detox your blood. While there are a number of devices that can ozonate your blood in a precise and safe way, this is the only device that can actually filter your blood… and that is its greatest benefit.
Disclaimer: though everything represented on our website regarding the science of medical ozone comes directly from reputable publications, books and scientific journals; and though thousands of these articles are available on official NIH government websites (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/), and even though ozone therapy has been certified and authorized for treating viruses by other countries, they have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and the FDA has not certified, endorsed or approved any of the scientific findings as methods of treating or diagnosing any diseases or illnesses.
What is EBOO/F?
EBOO/F, also know as Recirculatory Hemoperfusion and Ozone Dialysis, is somewhat similar to dialysis, which filters out of your blood waste chemicals that healthy kidneys normally accomplish for you.
The EBOO/F is different in that it is engineered to cleanse your blood of physical debris that neither the kidneys nor liver are designed to do.
Why is Filtration Important?
In cases of chronic infections, such as for example:
- Lyme Disease
Even after the original pathogen has been killed, many patients still suffer debilitating symptoms that destroy their lives. Many Integrative physicians believe that this is due to residual “debris” left over from the infection. Endotoxins, cellular debris from dead pathogens, biofilm, and even debris from our own tissues damaged by the infection and the medications used to kill it. Our kidneys and liver are not designed to clear this debris, so it persists in our body as toxins that wreak havoc on us.
The EBOO/F filtration is designed to clear this debris. We can actually see the “gunk” being sucked out of these patients, and captured by the filter, allowing purified blood to be re-infused back into them.
Many report immediate relief from their symptoms… literally during their first treatment with EBOO/F.
What Conditions can Benefit from EBOO/F?
EBOO/F is used to aid a variety of chronic diseases including:
- Auto-immune Diseases
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic fatigue states
- Chronic bladder conditions
- Crohn’s disease
- Eczema and Psoriasis
- Lipid disorders
- Cardiovascular disease
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Severe Dyslipidemia
- Madelung Disease
- Necrotizing Fasciitis
Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation, Ozonation and Filtration FAQs
Q. Is this the same as plasmapheresis?
A. There are numerous forms of Apheresis depending on what exactly is being filtered out of the blood. Plasmapheresis is one of these forms.
Q. How much blood is filtered through?
A. The procedure takes approximately an hour. In that time between 4 – 5 liters of blood are filtered.
The typical adult has on average 4.5-5.5 liters of blood.
Q. What is filtered out of the blood?
A. Physical debris left over from chronic infections and systemic inflammation.
- Endotoxins, which are fragments of pathogenic bacteria, fungus and mold infections that have been killed.
- Biofilm, which is a kind of sludge that many pathogenic microbes create to hide in… and where our immune cells can not penetrate.
- Debris from our own tissues that have been damaged from the infecting microbes and/or from powerful antimicrobial pharmaceutical drugs.
Our kidneys and liver, which are extremely efficient in cleaning our blood from chemical toxins, are not good at cleaning the physical debris listed above.
Q. Why do some people do chelation before the EBOO and some don’t?
A. As mentioned, the human body is not good at filtering the blood to get rid of toxic debris from chronic infections (see answer above). But to leave these toxic materials in the blood can make a person quite sick, and unable to function.
The body deals with this by storing these toxins in our tissues, and out of circulation. Tissues such as fat can store an enormous amount of toxic substances, including drugs and medications.
Additionally, all of our tissues are constructed within a system of Extracellular Matrix which holds our cells together. This ExtraCellular Matrix is designed to store an enormous amount of toxins away from the blood.
Chelation therapy is designed to “shake loose” these toxins out of the tissues and back into the blood, where they can be successfully filtered and removed from your body.
Q. What kind of chelation is used?
A. Typically, IV chelation with a substance called EDTA is used. A great “side-benefit” derived from using chelation therapy is detoxification from Heavy Metals.
Q. How many treatments do I need?
A. Depends on what condition your body is dealing with.
As a reference, our patients who are suffering from chronic Lyme symptoms even after a successful Lyme “kill”, generally need 4-6 sessions, once per week. Their results are best if they have a chelation IV early in the week and their EBOO/F treatment 2-3 days later.
Q. Is this a cure?
A. In the USA, it is forbidden to say that a treatment is a “cure” for a condition if it has not been validated by the FDA. Thus we can not use the “cure” word no matter how effective the EBOO/F treatment is.
What we can say is: that the clinical results of using EBOO/F as a treatment for certain ailments is very effective compared to all other conventional treatments.
Q. Are both arms used during treatment?
A. Yes. The blood comes out of one arm and the filtered blood is returned via the other arm.
Q. Can I still do this treatment if I’ve had breast cancer in the past?
Q. Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
A. No. However, it would be helpful if you have had a blood test for the presence of the enzyme G6PD.
Q. How will I feel after the treatment?
A. Most patients feel significantly better even during the treatment! Brain fog clears, energy comes back.
Q. Can I drive after the treatment?
Q. Any precautions I should know about?
A. If you have any kind of abnormal blood issues or bleeding issues, clotting, etc, we need to know about them.
Q. Can anybody do it?
A. Almost anybody. The main challenge is with people who have very poor veins, that are difficult to get good IV access.
Learn More About the Science of Ozone Therapy
- N Di Paolo, E Gaggiotti, F Galli. Extracorporeal blood oxygenation and ozonation: clinical and biological implications of ozone therapy. 2005;10(3):121-30
- N Di Paolo, V Bocci, D P Salvo, G Palasciano, M Biagioli, S Meini, F Galli, I Ciari, F Maccari, F Cappelletti, M Di Paolo, E Gaggiotti. Extracorporeal blood oxygenation and ozonation (EBOO): a controlled trial in patients with peripheral artery disease. 2005 Oct;28(10):1039-50.
- Di Paolo N, Bocci V, Cappelletti F, Petrini G, Gaggiotti E. Necrotizing fasciitis successfully treated with extracorporeal blood oxygenation and ozonization (EBOO). 2002 Dec;25(12):1194-8.
- Wu J, Tan CS, Yu H, Wang Y, Tian Y, Shao W, Zhang Y, Zhang K, Shao H, Ni G, Shen J, Galoforo A, Wu Q, Ming D. Recovery of Four COVID-19 Patients via Ozonated Autohemotherapy. 2020 Nov 4:100060.
- Rowen RJ. Ozone and oxidation therapies as a solution to the emerging crisis in infectious disease management: a review of current knowledge and experience. Med Gas Res. 2019 Oct-Dec;9(4):232-237.
- Belianin II, Shmelev EI. [Ozone therapy for protracted pneumonias]. Probl Tuberk Bolezn Legk. 2009;(3):28-33.
- Bocci VA, Zanardi I, Travagli V. Ozone acting on human blood yields a hormetic dose-response relationship. J Transl Med. 2011 May 17;9:66.