Last Updated on
According to an NIH review, medical Ozone has been effectively used to treat diseases for 150 years, combating 114 diseases. According to this NIH article, it kills viruses, bacteria, yeast and activates the immune system. It’s one of the most effective and safe modalities of medicine in history.
See article: Ozone Therapy: A Clinical Review
“Owing to the excess energy contained within the O3 molecule… Ozone therapy has been utilized and heavily studied for more than a century. Its effects are proven, consistent, safe and with minimal and preventable side effects. Medical O3 is used to disinfect and treat disease. Mechanism of actions is by inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa, stimulation of oxygen metabolism, activation of the immune system.”
Also see article: Cost Effective Treatment for Corona Virus – Ozone Therapy
“The world already has – ozone – a most inexpensive, safe, and likely effective remedy for deadly viral diseases, which exploits their redox vulnerability at critical membrane cysteine/tryptophan fusion sites.”
Watch the video: What is ozone therapy?
Ozone Therapy – Scientific Perspective
From a scientific perspective ozone:
- Stimulates mitochondrial function and causes an increase in mitochondrial numbers within every cell in your body. This results in a remarkable stimulation of the regenerative capacity and activity in every organ, tissue and gland in your body.
- Increases the metabolism of your red blood cells (glycolytic ↑ATP)
- Increases blood flow (perfusion) throughout your entire body (↑nitric oxide)
- Increases oxygen delivery to all your tissues. (↑2,3,DPG)
- Boosts your immune system
- Increases production of Interferons… which are your body’s prime defense against viruses
- Directly attacks the viral capsid … “shell” of all viruses… killing them
- Causes an increase in the generation and release of growth factors (from platelets), which helps healing and regeneration of damaged tissues.
Ozone increases your body’s production of natural anti-oxidant molecules that protect you from oxidative stress and damage. (Up-regulation / Gene Modulation)
Ozone Therapy – Clinical Perspective
From the clinical perspective ozone:
- Kills pathogenic bacteria and viruses, including
- Lyme (and co-infections)
- Viral infections like Herpes, HIV, Epstein-Bar and Hepatitis, SARS, CORONA
- fungal infections.
- Boosts the immune system
- Stimulates a Powerful antioxidant response
- Effective cure of chronic sinus infections
- Stimulates healing as well as regenerates damaged joints
- Helps heal brain trauma including seizures
- Effective on many skin conditions, including hard to heal wounds, ulcers and even MRSA
- Effective on soft tissue injuries and trigger points
- Effective on improving vision and curing ocular (eye) diseases such as Macular Degeneration, Diabetes related blindness etc.
- Decreases cholesterol
Since ozone therapy is so powerful in helping to heal infected wounds, or wounds in general, cutting edge dental practices and periodontists rely on it during procedures and surgeries, where this is becoming more popular.
Watch the video: Hyperbaric ozone therapy, the “10 pass” device
Learn More About Ozone Therapy
“Just as we watch technology evolve at a rapid pace year after year, so too does the discovery of ways you can treat and nourish your body to boost your maximum health potential. In addition to our High Potency IV Vitamin Therapy, Ozone Therapy offers a multitude of benefits to your body and in return your quality of life…”
“For US patients who encounter it for the first time it’s an interesting and curious treatment, because it seems so simple, natural and effective, that one wonders why so few US doctors use it…”
“Ozone therapy stimulates the mitochondria of every cell in our body, and given that mitochondria are the “engine of life” in each cell—ozone stimulates the regenerative capacity of every organ in the body…”
Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Covid-19
While the VAST MAJORITY of people who contract the virus recover very quickly and easily, for the elderly (especially men) with compromised health, the infection could be deadly.
Even for them, stem cell treatments have been shown to successfully treat the patient and reverse the illness.
“Before the MSC transplantation, all the patients had pneumonia with symptoms of high fever (38.5℃ ± 0.5℃), weakness, shortness of breath, and low oxygen saturation. However, 2~4 days after transplantation, all the symptoms disappeared in all the patients, the oxygen saturations rose to ≥ 95% at rest. In addition, no acute infusion-related or allergic reactions were observed.”
Additional Reading on the Science of Ozone Therapy
- A Brief Presentation on Medical Ozone for COVID19 – Peer Reviewed Articles on Medical Ozone
- Sagai M and Boccicorresponding V. Mechanisms of Action Involved in Ozone Therapy: Is Healing Induced via a Mild Oxidative Stress? 2011 Dec;20:10.1186/2045-9912-1-29.
- Elvis A and Ekta J. Ozone Therapy: A Clinical Review. 2011 Jan-Jun;2(1):66–70.
- Bocci V, Zanardi I and Travagli V. Ozone Acting on Human Blood Yields a Hormetic Dose-response Relationship. 2011 May;17;9:66.
- Simonetti L, Raffi L, Cenni P, Agati R and Leonardi M. Pharmacological Mechanisms Underlying Oxygen-Ozone Therapy for Herniated Disc. 2003 Sep;201-204.
- Lerner R and Eschenmoser A. Ozone in Biology. 2003 Mar;18;(6)3013-3015.
- Zargaran M, Fatahinia M and Mahmoudabadi A. The Efficacy of Gaseous Ozone Against Different Forms of Candida Albicans. 2017 Jun;3(2):26–32.
- Song M, Zeng Q, Xiang Y, Gao L, Huang J, Wu K and Lu J. The Antibacterial Effect of Topical Ozone on the Treatment of MRSA Skin Infection. 2018 Feb;17(2):2449–2455.
- Baysan A, Lynch E. Effect of Ozone on the Oral Microbiota and Clinical Severity of Primary Root Caries. 2004 Feb;17(1):56-60.
- Ezeldin M, Leonardi M, Princiotta C, Dall’olio M, Tharwat M, Zaki M, Abdel-Wanis M and Cirillo L. Percutaneous Ozone Nucleolysis for Lumbar Disc Herniation. 2018 Sep;60(11):1231–1241.
- Borrelli E and Bocci V. Visual Improvement Following Ozone Therapy in Dry Age Related Macular Degeneration; a Review. 2013 Summer;2(2):47–51.
- Clavo B, Santana-Rodríguez N, Llontop P, Gutiérrez D, Suárez G, López L, Rovira G, Martínez-Sánchez G, González E, Jorge I, Perera C, Blanco J and Rodríguez-Esparragón F. Ozone Therapy as Adjuvant for Cancer Treatment: Is Further Research Warranted? 2018 Sep;7931849
- Steppan J, Meaders T, Muto M and Murphy KJ. A Metaanalysis of the Effectiveness and Safety of Ozone Treatments for Herniated Lumbar Discs. 2010 Apr;21(4):534-48.
- Steppan J, Boxley C, Murphy K, Muto M, Balagurunathan K and Meaders T. Abstract No. 38: Ozone’s Mechanisms of Action for Relieving Pain Associated with Herniated Intervertebral Discs. 2009 Feb;V20:S16–S17
About the Authors
Doctors Alice Pien, MD and Asher Milgrom, Phd are established pioneers in the fields of Regenerative Medicine and Skincare. Their expertise ranges from advanced laser systems to stem cell medicine. Their medical education and advanced certifications span from medical schools of NY State University, the University of Chicago, to John Hopkins, Harvard and UCLA. They approach medicine with the clinical expertise of over 85,000 successful treatments over the past 20 years and significant scientific research resulting in proprietary protocols that they customize for each individual patient.