Asher, the youngest of four siblings, was born in Virginia to Josephine, a theology of art professor, and Jacob, a rabbi and world-renowned Bible scholar. His childhood was steeped in Jewish life, traditions and teachings, and his home was a veritable crossroads for some of the greatest scholars and thinkers of the 20th century, from clergy of all cloths to existential philosophers and particle physicists. They came to counsel, query, debate and study, and thus Asher, basking in the glow of this intense celebration and exploration of the mind, began to understand that thought was the antidote to boredom, and curiosity was the seed of knowledge.
Half of his childhood was spent in Berkeley California in the 1960s, where he navigated the turbulent social currents of the free speech and anti-war movements. As luck would have it, he managed to experience some extraordinary free concerts at “Peoples Park” in the early days of the Grateful Dead, Deep Purple and Peter, Paul and Mary. Sporting paisley bell-bottoms, a beaded peace medallion and tearing about on his ten-speed, Asher was a budding “flower-child.”
A Passion for Exploration
The other half of his childhood was spent in Jerusalem Israel, where archeological excavations and ancient monasteries inspired a passion for exploration, and where he spent countless volunteer hours cataloging thousands of specimens of spiders for the university’s department of entomology. However, of all his many colorful and adventurous activities, it was his volunteer work at a home for severely handicapped children that most profoundly impacted him. It was there he learned it was possible to communicate without words and listen from the heart. The work was very hard and very humbling.
From courses in automotive mechanics where he proudly earned the title of “gear head,” to his pioneering work in underwater (in-situ) marine-biology research as a staff research associate at Scripps Institute of Oceanography, his college years were an assemblage of academic explorations. He supported himself through college working as a cantor and teaching adult courses in Judaic philosophy and mysticism. It was only years afterwards that he decided to venture into medicine.
Near Death Experience
Asher received a full scholarship to attend an M.D./Ph.D program at University of Health Sciences and the Medical School at the University of Chicago, where his field of study was neuro-biochemistry. At the very end of his training, he experienced a near-death-experience due to a rare brain infection that put him in a coma.
Miraculously, Asher survived completely intact, and having “touched the face of God and lived,” he felt reborn with a transformed perspective of life. Shortly thereafter, he elected to leave the practice of medicine for an entrepreneurial life developing the science of medicine.
He is the consummate “medical entrepreneur,” and has continued to expand his expertise through training in advanced alternative fields including laser medicine, metabolic medicine, naturopathy, integrative and regenerative medicine.
Asher’s next entrepreneurial venture involved telecommunications and information management technologies. In association with InfoUSA, Inc., Asher founded a joint venture partnership that developed the world’s first “unified communication platform.”
In the emerging e-commerce sector, he created a direct-sales organization spanning markets from the USA to the Pacific Rim, in association with over 20,000 businesses. In this capacity, Asher regularly lectured to business audiences in the thousands around the USA and internationally.
AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare
In 1999, Asher founded and funded American Medical Aesthetics & Wellness (aka AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare). He’s the principal architect of the corporation’s business strategies, as well as the principal scientist behind its unique medical protocols. Along with his wife, Dr. Alice Pien, Asher developed advanced, holistic, “multiple-modality” medical protocols for a wide variety of laser procedures that produce extraordinary clinical results while requiring minimal patient downtime.
Strong proponents of holistic, homeopathic and naturopathic medicine, AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare utilizes high potency vitamin IV therapy, acupuncture, collagen induction therapy, and hyperbaric oxygen treatments as adjuncts to hi-tech laser medicine.
Asher and his wife Alice have four children (the oldest of whom was adopted from China in 2006) – Dahlia, Eliana, Chyelle and Ayron (26, 21, 20 and 18 years old). They are grateful and proud to be an entrepreneurial American family.
Together with his family, Asher founded the Gratitude & Honor Foundation for which he received the George Washington Honor Award, presented by the Freedoms Foundation of Valley Forge.
- University California San Diego – Biological Sciences
- University California San Diego – Presidents Grant for Independent Research – Marine Biology
- Scripps Institute of Oceanography – Staff Research Assistant
- Medical School – University of Health Sciences Chicago – MD / PhD program
- University of Chicago – Pritzker School of Medicine
- PhD – Biomedical Sciences
- Air West Airlines Inc. – President, CEO
- Axxon Communications Inc. – President, CEO – Developed first integrated global communication platform
- Developer of first system for Electronic Ticketless Airline Travel
- AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare Inc. – CEO, Chief Scientist
- GUNA Inc. – Medical Conferences – Lectures on Physiology and nano-pharmacology.
- Advanced Integrative Medicine & Surgery – Address to the cabinet of the government of Belize.
- European Congress of Physiological Regulating Medicine – Physiology Regulation and Signaling.
- USC School of Business – MBA program – Entrepreneurship in Medicine.
- American Association of Ozone & Integrative Medicine – Psoriasis – Healing without pharmacology.
- American Association of Ozone & Integrative Medicine – High Dose Ozone Therapy Hemodynamics.
- American Association of Ozone & Integrative Medicine – Regenerative Medicine – Placental/Umbilical Tissues/Biological Allografts (FDA: HCT/P – Stem Cells) and healing joint degeneration.
- American Academy of Ozonotherapy – A novel method of performing MAH (Ozone Major Autohemotherapy) without anticoagulants.
Research and Development
- Investigator FDA – Radio Frequency Medical Lasers – Institutional Review Board
- Investigator FDA – Ozone Therapy Integrative Medicine – Institutional Review Board
- Investigator FDA – Dermatological Lasers – Institutional Review Board
- Inventor of Hemodynamic Swirling Apparatus – Patent Pending
- Integrative & Regenerative Medicine – New paradigm for treating hair loss in women without pharmacology.
- Integrative & Regenerative Medicine – New paradigm for treating Psoriasis without pharmacology.
- Integrative & Regenerative Medicine – Placental/Umbilical Tissues/Biological Allografts (FDA: HCT/P – Stem Cells) and the healing and repair of Stretch-mark scars.
- Integrative & Regenerative Medicine – Placental/Umbilical Tissues/Biological Allografts (FDA: HCT/P – Stem Cells) and the healing and repair of traumatic & surgical scars.
- Integrative & Regenerative Medicine – Placental/Umbilical Tissues/Biological Allografts (FDA: HCT/P – Stem Cells) and the healing and repair of Cystic Acne scars.