Last Updated on
Lecture : What are stem cells? – Part 4 of 4 – What Are They Used For?
(The following is a transcription of the above video)
How Stem Cells Are Used
Here is the stem cell coming out of the fog.
The magic fog of cryogenic storage where they have to be stored.
This is the fibrin matrix that we extract out of someone’s blood and make a spongy stuff out of it. Then this matrix becomes a perfect environment for the stem cells.
Remember how we said the stem cells like to hold on to things? They need to hold on to things so that they can release their magic soup.
Well we provide that in a fibrin matrix that we derive right out of the patient’s blood and then we insert the stem cells in that environment, we mix them together and then we infuse them into the joint that needs repair.
After we have extracted the stem cells we mix them with the fibrin matrix.
Vitamins and Homeopathic Growth Factors
Here we’re preparing the joint, this is an injection to a knee, where the knee is injected with vitamins and other things that the knee is going to like and the stem cells are going to like.
It also includes some procaine which not only breaks the pain cycle for someone who is in a lot of pain but also makes the procedure completely comfortable. They don’t even feel a thing.
Injection of the Stem Cells
Then of course, there is the injection of the stem cells themselves.
This patient is the famous Dr. John Gray, author of Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. A whole series of books on psychology and relationships. He’s a gem of a human being. He is extraordinary dedicated to naturopathic and regenerative integrative medicine. You can watch a video of his experience with the stem cell injections below.
And of course you all know Dr. Pien who is administering the treatment.
Where Stem Cells Are Used
This is a picture of a knee just like mine but not nearly as damaged as mine.
On the left you can see how the articulate cartilage is very damaged and very thin and worn down and beneath is 6 months later and you can see how thick and cushy and alive and fabulous the articulate cartilage is.
In my case the cartilage was completely gone. I was bone on bone and I regenerated it as you see here. Not just the articulate cartilage but also the Meniscus and you can see that on the right side of the slide.
Again, it’s not just the knee joint, it can be the spine, anywhere there is bone degeneration, the stem cells can go in there and bring much healing to the discs. Not to the spinal cord alone, obviously she didn’t have a spinal cord issue here, it was just the disc and vertebras themselves.
She had a lot of issues with degeneration up in her cervical neck, cervical spine and that would generate pins and needles in the hand and affected her ability to grasp strongly. All that can heal very quickly with stem cells injected around the spine.
Infusion into Blood
This is another patient, in whom we did an infusion directly into her blood.
The way we do that is we first withdraw some blood from the patient, we ozonate that blood, we infuse that blood with ozone which is a very powerful regenerative stimulant for the whole body and also reduces inflammation in its own right.
As we drip every drop of blood back in, we infuse the stem cells into that flow and the stem cells love that ozonated blood and so it potentiates the whole treatment.
This was on a TV show, they were featuring us on “The Doctors Show” and this patient, you may recognize her, she’s an actress and a model in her own right, and she’s the daughter of Clint Eastwood.
Every Joint of the Body
Whatever joint you have an issue with, we can treat it right here and there are many other clinics around that do similar work.
Where ever you are in the country, somewhere in the state that you are in, there’s bound to be someone who knows how to do this.
Stem Cell Health
This is a subject for another lecture. How do you keep your stem cells healthy?
Obviously, they are the engine of regeneration so the more you can keep them healthier, keep them healthy and strong, the stronger and healthier you will be.
In a nutshell, you now know all about the human stem cell, what it does, where it comes from and how important it is for you and longevity and health and vitality.
You’ve also learned a lot about how we use them, how we harvest them and use them as a therapy right here in our office.
Bottom line is this, they are magic, our physiology is magical and mysterious and the stem cell can, as we say; “add years to your life and life to your years”.
Patient Experiences – The Results
The following videos are patients of ours who share their experience with stem cell treatments.
Dr. John Gray – My Experience with Stem Cell Knee Injections
“Hi I’m Dr. John Gray author of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. I came to AMA Regenerative Medicine because I couldn’t walk on my right leg. I did the umbilical cord stem cell treatment and it blew my mind…
… If somebody is considering stem cell treatments they are really lucky. This is life transformational, basic and easy. Your body does it for you. It’s fantastic!”
Sharan – My Amazing Lupus Treatment with Mesenchymal Stem Cells
“Hello, My name is Sharan, I’m 18 years old and I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 14…
… If you are suffering from Lupus there is a solution. Never listen to the doctors when they tell you there is no cure or there’s no solution. The mesenchymal stem cell treatments heal your body to the root of the cause. It provides you with a lot of relief.”
Sharan’s Mom – My Daughter’s Lupus Treatment with Stem Cells
“For years we were going through the procedures and medications for my daughter’s lupus. None of them helped her. She could not walk, she could not…”
… 2 days after the stem cell treatment she was upstairs and she came down. I said “why are you walking?”
“I have no pain”, she said.
I said “oh my gosh you don’t have pain?” I was shocked! “You don’t need a wheelchair anymore?”
“No”, she said. “Return this wheelchair. I don’t need this wheelchair”.
It was amazing!”
Michael – My Experience with Stem Cell Injections for Back Pain
“My name is Michael. I’m a Veteran of almost 17 years in the Navy and the Army. I hurt my back on active duty and I’ve been in chronic pain for almost ten years. Ten years…
… After the first round of stem cell injections I felt so much better. I can’t imagine life without this treatment. My days before when I was injured I can’t even describe it now. It’s like somebody else’s life.”
Former N.Y. Yankee Jim Leyritz – My Experience with Ozone and Stem Cell Injections
“I’m Jim Leyritz, former 2 time World Series Champion with the Yankees. I was a catcher in the major leagues for almost 20 years. I have been receiving Ozone and Stem Cell injections to help with my injuries and pain…
… I’m able to run again but more importantly I don’t have to take 6 to 10 Advil every day for the pain, for the swelling and things like that. My body is just naturally doing it because of the ozone injections and because of the treatments I am receiving with the ozone therapy.”
My Stem Cell Knee Injections for ACL and Meniscus Damage
“My name is Reynolds. I hyper-extended my left knee which had previously suffered an ACL tear and also meniscus damage and from that point forward I knew something was wrong with my knee again…
… I can tell you that in literally days of having the stem cells put in there I could feel as if my knee was beginning to repair itself. That has progressed on a regular basis since that time. I would say at this point in time after 5 weeks and certainly not completely through the benefits of the stem cell as well as the ozone therapy that it’s at least 95% of where it ought to be.”
Susan – How I Avoided Knee Replacement Surgery with Stem Cell Injections
“Hi I’m Susan and I have had a life long battle with bad knees due to a hereditary lack of cartilage…
… The results of the stem cell injections have been short of life giving as far as my knees are concerned. I don’t even see surgery on my horizon right now.”
Gavin – How I Quickly Recovered from Open Heart Surgery
“My name is Gavin. I had a quadruple bypass. I’ve been a vegetarian my whole life…
… It feels like a construction site in me after I have the stem cells. The stem cells just go to town in me when you put them in. 2 weeks after my quadruple bypass I got signed off by my surgeon.”
Jeff – How I Got Relief From Rotator Cuff Shoulder Pain with Stem Cells
“Hi I’m Jeff. What created the need for me to get relief from the pain in the rotator cuff of my shoulder was that I’m very athletic…
… The stem cell therapy treatments she has done have been unbelievable in giving me the pain relief I needed in my shoulders. It’s something you notice within a day or two of getting the shoulder pain treatments and within a week or two the pain is completely gone.”
About the Authors
Doctors Alice Pien, MD and Asher Milgrom, Phd are established pioneers in the fields of Regenerative Medicine and Skincare. Their expertise ranges from advanced laser systems to stem cell medicine. Their medical education and advanced certifications span from medical schools of NY State University, the University of Chicago, to John Hopkins, Harvard and UCLA. They approach medicine with the clinical expertise of over 85,000 successful treatments over the past 20 years and significant scientific research resulting in proprietary protocols that they customize for each individual patient.
- Anzalone R, Opatrilova R, Kruzliak P, Gerbino A and La Rocca G. Mesenchymal Stromal Cells From Wharton’s Jelly (WJ-MSCs): Coupling Their Hidden Differentiative Program to Their Frank Immunomodulatory Phenotype. 2018;20:271-279.
- Vangsness CT Jr, Sternberg H, Harris L. Umbilical Cord Tissue Offers the Greatest Number of Harvestable Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Research and Clinical Application: A Literature Review of Different Harvest Sites. 2015 Sep;31(9):1836-43.
- Watson N, Divers R, Kedar R, Mehindru A, Mehindru A, Borlongan M, Borlongan C. Discarded Wharton’s Jelly of the Human Umbilical Cord: A Viable Source for Mesenchymal Stem Cells. 2015 Jan;17(1):18–24.
- Kalaszczynska I, Ferdyn K. Wharton’s Jelly Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Future of Regenerative Medicine? Recent Findings and Clinical Significance. 2015, Article ID 430847, 11 pages.
- Davies J, Walker J, Keating A. Concise Review: Wharton’s Jelly: The Rich, but Enigmatic, Source of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. 2017 Jul;6(7):1620–1630.
- Weiss M, Troyer D. Stem Cells in the Umbilical Cord. 2006;2(2):155–162.
- Erices A, Conget P, Minguell J. Mesenchymal Progenitor Cells in Human Umbilical Cord Blood. 2000 Apr;109(1):235-42.
- Shawki S, Gaafar T, Erfan H, El Khateeb E, El Sheikhah A, El Hawary R. Immunomodulatory Effects of Umbilical Cord‐Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells. 2015 Jun;59(6):348-56.
- Arutyunyan I, Elchaninov A, Makarov A, Fatkhudinov T. Umbilical Cord as Prospective Source for Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Based Therapy. 2016;2016:6901286.
- SubramanianA, Fong C, Biswas A, Bongso A. Comparative Characterization of Cells from the Various Compartments of the Human Umbilical Cord Shows that the Wharton’s Jelly Compartment Provides the Best Source of Clinically Utilizable Mesenchymal Stem Cells. 2015 Jun;10(6):e0127992
- Ilic D, Polak JM. Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine: Introduction. 2011;98:117-26.
- Sanchez-Ramos J. Stem Cells from Umbilical Cord Blood. 2006 Nov;24(5):358-69.
- Low CB, Liou YC, Tang BL. Neural Differentiation and Potential use of Stem Cells from the Human Umbilical Cord for Central Nervous System Transplantation Therapy. 2008 Jun;86(8):1670-9.
- Herranz AS, Gonzalo-Gobernado R, Reimers D, Asensio MJ, Rodríguez-Serrano M, Bazán E. Applications of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cells in Central Nervous System Regeneration. 2010 Mar;5(1):17-22.
- Zarrabi M, Mousavi SH, Abroun S, Sadeghi B. Potential uses for Cord Blood Mesenchymal Stem Cells. 2014 Winter;15(4):274-81.
- Kabataş S, Civelek E, İnci Ç, Yalçınkaya EY, Günel G, Kır G, Albayrak E, Öztürk E, Adaş G, Karaöz E. Wharton’s Jelly-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation in a Patient with Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy: A Pilot Study. 2018 Oct;27(10):1425-1433.
- Sadlik B, Jaroslawski G, Puszkarz M, Blasiak A, Oldak T, Gladysz D, Whyte G. Cartilage Repair in the Knee Using Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly–Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Embedded Onto Collagen Scaffolding and Implanted Under Dry Arthroscopy. 2018 Jan;7(1):e57–e63.
- Kim DW, Staples M, Shinozuka K, Pantcheva P, Kang SD, Borlongan CV. Wharton’s Jelly-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Phenotypic Characterization and Optimizing Their Therapeutic Potential for Clinical Applications. 2013 May 31;14(6):11692-712.
- Nagamura-Inoue T, He H. Umbilical Cord-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Their Advantages and Potential Clinical Utility. 2014 Apr 26;6(2):195–202.
- Kalaszczynska I and Ferdyn K. Wharton’s Jelly Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Future of Regenerative Medicine? Recent Findings and Clinical Significance. 2014 Dec.