Last Updated on December 1, 2020 by Alice Pien, MD & Asher Milgrom, PhD
Facts about COVID-19
- The 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new virus of global health significance caused by infection of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
- COVID-19 is thought to spread from person to person in close contact through respiratory droplets
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. It is also possible that a person can catch COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes
- Currently, previous testing for COVID-19 has included only a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab, which is tested for the presence of DNA from the virus
Facts about the COVID-19 Panel
- The COVID-19 panel is a highly sensitive and accurate assay for antibodies against the COVID-19 virus.
- The COVID-19 test was developed in the United States by Vibrant America Clinical Lab and validated according to FDA EUA requirements.
- The COVID-19 ImmuneCheck looks specifically for IgM, IgA, and IgG antibodies against the spike proteins and 4 viral antigens of COVID-19 that makes this test the most sensitive and accurate test available.
Why Test Antibodies to COVID-19?
Scientific studies show that IgM antibodies appear about 3 days from infection and IgG antibodies appear after 8 days. If you are positive for only IgM it means you are successfully fighting an active infection. The presence of IgG means you are now successfully immunized and have conquered the virus.
Testing at AMA Regenerative Medicine
A Clean and Safe Environment
Our clinics are likely the most virus free environments in SoCal!
First and foremost, everyone on our staff is undertaking rigorous prophylaxis treatments to ensure that we stay healthy.
- We each have a High Dose Ozone 10-pass treatment each week.
- We each have Nasal/Sinus ozone treatment every day.
- We are all taking prophylaxis doses of Hydroxychloroquine.
- We sterilize all our PPE at the end of every day in special ozone bags.
Secondly, our facility is intensely and continuously disinfected
- We use ozone air filters in each of our treatment rooms and lobby to kill all airborne bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- We are taking enormous precautions to disinfect our office continuously throughout the day.
- We wipe down with disinfectant every chair and treatment table after each patient.
Thirdly, we designate special hours to treat symptomatic patients… thus keeping them separate from our healthy patients. We speak by phone with all of our patients before they come in to ensure that if they have symptoms, they are coming at the correct hours.
- We are seeing only patients who are healthy and showing no signs of symptoms.
- Even first responders in our office who are coming for immune boosting treatments are symptom free.
- Frankly speaking, the people who are potentially most exposed in our society are not first responders, rather, people who work in grocery stores.
- Coming to our office is infinitely safer than going shopping at a grocery store.
- Patients who are coming in for antibody testing are symptom free.
- Patients who are coming in for laser treatments are never in the same room with patients coming in for immune boosting treatments.
- Chances of becoming infected by CV19 in our office are as small as they can possibly be.
Lastly, we play upbeat and joyful music through our PA system, AND…. serve awesome freshly ground and brewed coffee!!
We look forward to caring for you in our offices whenever the time is right for you.
The test has been validated but FDA’s independent review of this validation is pending. Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection, particularly in those who have been in contact with the virus. Follow-up testing with a molecular diagnostic should be considered to rule out infection in these individuals. Results from antibody testing should not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude SARS-CoV-2 infection or to inform infection status. Positive results may be due to past or present infection with non-SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strains, such as coronavirus HKU1, NL63, OC43, or 229E. Not for the screening of donated blood.