LOS ANGELES & ORANGE COUNTY STRETCH MARK AND SCAR REMOVAL
At AMA Skincare, we understand how traumatic scars can be, especially those on the face. We also know that many advertised removal treatments don’t deliver on promises, leaving scar sufferers frustrated and disillusioned. At AMA Skincare, our multiple-modality approach is what makes us capable of delivering the results you’re seeking. It’s all about our delicate, gradual and above all artful remodeling of the scar or stretch mark to blend with the rest of your skin that makes us the leader in this challenging treatment.
You can be confident that we hold sacred the trust you invest in us to help you. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to finally leave behind the self-consciousness of scarring and put your best face forward to the world? Now you can.
A COMPREHENSIVE, CUSTOMIZED APPROACH TO SCAR AND STRETCH MARK REDUCTION
Scars and stretch marks are all very different and complicated to treat. That’s why we customize each individual scar and stretch mark removal treatment to each patient’s specific needs. A typical treatment protocol usually includes 3-4 different lasers per session, as well as a variety of non-laser modalities such as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) with Physiological Regulating Medicine (PRM) formulations, and hyperbaric oxygen treatments.
First, every scar or stretch mark is individually targeted. Next, we administer a color blending treatment of the scar causing the “turn-over” of excess melanin that may be held in the scar. This evens out coloration, blending it with the surrounding skin. Some scars are red because of excess vascularization. Using a different laser technology, we target this micro-vasculature, to make the redness go away. Lastly, we stimulate the production of new collagen with an intense collagen treatment to fill in the scar from the inside out. This targets old deteriorated collagen fibers deep in the dermis that are beyond repair in order to accelerate its removal through your body’s own natural processes. Other less damaged collagen will be remodeled into new and younger collagen. We also target fibroblast cells throughout the dermis, stimulating them to produce amplified quantities of new, young and healthy collagen. This process requires 2-3 lasers.
The final part of the scar and stretch mark removal treatment smoothes out the surface of the scar with an epidermal resurfacing laser (a laser peel). This phase removes a precise portion of the upper layers of the epidermis (the dead cells on the top layer), along with its imperfections, discolorations, fine wrinkles and roughness.
Innovative Multiple-Modality Protocols To Treat All Types Of Scars And Stretch Marks
The following techniques for which specific lasers are utilized to reduce and remodel scars and stretch marks:
- Collagen neogenesis – The stimulation of new collagen growth deep in your dermis that will fill your scars and stretch marks from the inside out.
- Contraction of scars and stretch marks – Deep fractionated micro columns of energy cause a lateral contraction of scars and stretch marks so that they simply become smaller from side to side. This is done at the deepest as well as shallow layers of the dermis.
- Sublative dermal remodeling – With this technique a geometrically reversed pulse of energy is introduced into the deep dermis, causing maximal contraction of the damaged tissue.
- Ablative resurfacing – This smoothes the outer layers of the epidermis so that the skin is smooth to the touch.
- Coagulative resurfacing – This method causes the breakdown and remodeling of the scar and stretch mark collagen which is rigid and hard into well organized and flexible collagen like healthy soft skin.
- Removing hyper pigmentation or dark spots caused by scars and stretch marks
- Epithelial Peel and Regeneration:
- Precisely vaporize the outer-most layer of dead skin
- Induce a complete regeneration of a brand new epithelium that looks absolutely radiant
In many cases, scar and stretch mark removal treatments are integrated with a package of:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, after each laser session
- Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) utilizing Rotational Acupuncture
- Physiological Regulating Medicine (PRM) formulations
- Silk peels (dermal infusion facials) administered by one of our certified medical aestheticians. The dermal Infusion procedure infuses your dermis with a variety of natural substances which promote further healing and rejuvenation of your skin to its silky-smooth, radiant state.
A series of CIT/PRM treatments along with hyperbaric oxygen treatments are scheduled between laser sessions. Scar and stretch mark removal usually takes approximately 4-6 treatments in 3-4 week intervals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – STETCH MARK REMOVAL
Q. Which laser do you use for your stretch mark treatments?
A. We have over 25 different lasers and we are experts in using all of them. From this wide array, we will pick the ones that are best suited for your skin and for the stretch mark scars we will be treating. The likely choices are: Erbium, Fractionated RF, NdYag, and possibly a protein coagulation with a Sciton glass erbium. The treatments will be customized to fit the physiological makeup of your specific skin.
Q. How much does stretch mark removal cost?
A. With the exception of laser hair removal, where our prices are the same for almost all people, all of our other treatments are customized for each patient. Thus, each patient gets the most effective and efficient treatment to achieve the result they want. Because of this, the price for each treatment depends on what the patient needs. To keep it simple and fair for everyone, we charge by the time, broken into 15 minute segments. In this way, a patient does not have to pay extra if we use many lasers during the treatment.
Q. Does it hurt?
A. A numbing cream is applied prior to treatment. Virtually all patients report that though the sensation may be uncomfortable (if at all) it’s completely tolerable.
Q. What is the best way to keep from getting stretch marks?
A. Even daily use of lotions or creams will not prevent stretch marks. The surest way to reduce the chances of getting unsightly stretch marks is to stay at a healthy weight. Pregnant women should work with a doctor to minimize stretch marks, as lots of weight is gained in a relative short period of time will boost your chances of stretch marks.
Q. How safe are the laser treatments?
A. Laser treatments provided by AMA are known to be very safe, with virtually no “downtime” and a very small risk of any permanent unwanted side effects. A bit of moisturizer and the usual makeup will usually have patients back to their normal activities shortly after treatments.
Q. Does this work on black skin?
A. Our stretch mark protocols are customized for every individual patient according to what their skin needs. Obviously stretch marks can vary tremendously from patient to patient. Therefore, what ever kind of skin a patient may have, from albino to alabaster black, a protocol for your skin can be customized to achieve the best possible results.
For information regarding the challenges, truths and misconceptions of treating darker skin types with lasers, visit the Darker Skin FAQ page.