LOS ANGELES AND ORANGE COUNTY ACNE SCARRING
Get ready to love looking in the mirror again! To see and touch your smoother, healthier and happier face! Our world leading comprehensive acne scar treatments will forge a natural partnership between our state-of-the-art science with your skin’s own physiology to return your skin to vibrant health and beauty.
At AMA Skincare, we understand how traumatic acne scars can be, especially those on the face. We also know that many advertised treatments don’t deliver on promises, leaving acne scar sufferers frustrated and disillusioned. At AMA Skincare, our multiple-modality approach is what makes us capable of delivering the results you’re seeking. It’s all about our delicate, gradual and above all artful remodeling of the scar to blend with the rest of your skin.
Scars are all very different and complicated to treat requiring customized protocols for each individual acne scar according to each patient’s specific needs. A typical treatment protocol usually includes 3-5 different lasers per session, as well as a variety of non-laser modalities such as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) with Physiological Regulating Medicine (PRM) formulations, and hyperbaric oxygen treatments.
Our comprehensive treatment packages includes many different types of lasers specific for reducing scar tissue, remodeling scarred collagen into smooth flexible collagen, stimulating the growth of new healthy collagen, and resurfacing skin that has been damaged by cysts, and color blending so that your skin returns as closely as possible to what it was before the cystic acne took its toll.
We know what a huge difference being proud of your appearance can make. Let us help you achieve the glowing, confidence-building complexion you yearn for.
INNOVATIVE MULTIPLE-MODALITY PROTOCOLS TO TREAT ALL TYPES OF ACNE SCARRING
The following techniques for which specific lasers are utilized to reduce and remodel cystic acne scarring:
- Collagen neogenesis – The stimulation of new collagen growth deep in your dermis that will fill your pock marks from the inside out.
- Contraction of scars – Deep fractionated micro columns of energy cause a lateral contraction of scars so that they simply become smaller from side to side. This is done at the deepest as well as shallow layers of the dermis.
- Sublative dermal remodeling – With this technique a geometrically reversed pulse of energy is introduced into the deep dermis, causing maximal contraction of the damaged tissue.
- Ablative resurfacing – This smoothes the outer layers of the epidermis so that the skin is smooth to the touch.
- Coagulative resurfacing – This method causes the breakdown and remodeling of the scar collagen which is rigid and hard into well organized and flexible collagen like healthy soft skin.
- Removing hyper pigmentation or dark spots caused by chronic acne
- Epithelial Peel and Regeneration:
- Precisely vaporize the outer-most layer of dead skin
- Induce a complete regeneration of a brand new epithelium that looks absolutely radiant
In many cases, acne scar treatments are integrated with a package of:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, after each laser session
- Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) utilizing Rotational Acupuncture
- Physiological Regulating Medicine (PRM) formulations
- Silk peels (dermal infusion facials) administered by one of our certified medical aestheticians. The dermal Infusion procedure infuses your dermis with a variety of natural substances which promote further healing and rejuvenation of your skin to its silky-smooth, radiant state
A series of CIT/PRM treatments along with hyperbaric oxygen treatments are scheduled between laser sessions. Acne Scar treatments typically require approximately 3-6 treatments in 3-4 week intervals depending on the severity of the condition and the physiological responsiveness of the patient.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During your complimentary consultation, our patient educators will recommend the specific acne and/or cystic acne treatment that will be most effective for you, and provide a step-by-step outline of the procedure. You’ll also be advised about the proper pre and post-treatment skincare instructions.
After your acne scar treatment, expect some degree of redness, ranging from a mild “sunburn” pink to a deep red (depending on skin type and skin sensitivity). Patients are photo-sensitive to sunlight for up to 48 hours following treatment, so it’s advisable to stay indoors and out of direct or indirect sunlight. Skin peeling and crusting is normal for several days afterwards. During the first week, a strict skincare regimen must be adhered to for proper healing and optimal results.
In cases where the patient also suffers from existing acne scarring, sun damage, age spots, rosacea and wrinkles, treatments can be customized by incorporating other specialized protocols such as various procedures in the Spectra Lift™.
Contact us for additional information about acne scar treatment and removal.